Erie Construction Mid-West, Inc.
$50,000 HOME MAKEOVER GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROMOTION AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUBMIT TO A SALES PRESENTATION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE, OR REGULATION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING WITH A PROMOTION ENTRY.
- This promotion is sponsored by Erie Construction Mid-West, Inc., 4271 Monroe Street, Toledo, Ohio 43606, and governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Ohio with venue in Lucas County, Ohio. This promotion is conducted in English, which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning.
- Erie Construction Mid-West, Inc., ("Erie Construction") will award four (4) Grand Prizes over a twelve month period, with one prize being awarded at the end of each prize period. The 2017 prize periods begin and end as follows: First Prize Period: January 1 through March 31, Second Prize Period: April 1 through June 30, Third Prize Period: July 1 though September 30 and Fourth Prize Period: October 1 through December 31. The prize winners will be determined from a random drawing of all entries received at least two business days prior to the date of the drawing, excluding prior Grand Prize winners. Entrants during a prize period who do not win will have their entry maintained for any subsequent prize period drawings. The odds of winning the Grand Prize are determined by the number of entries received. Only prize winners will receive notification, with four (4) prizes awarded out of four (4) prize notices distributed. This promotion may be conducted in conjunction with other Erie Construction promotions. Limit one (1) prize per entry. Erie Construction reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate this promotion without notice at any time. Each prize winner will be notified within 15 days of the drawing. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate prize winner. All prizes will be awarded.
- Each Grand Prize Winner will receive a home makeover comprised of winner-selected Erie Makeover Products, professionally installed, with a total retail value of $12,500. Erie Makeover Products are: (i) up to 16 units of Erie Advantage Windows with High Performance Triple 24/7 Energy Glass; (ii) up to 1700 square feet of Erie Siding System with Energy Barrier Insulation (available in seven premium colors); (iii) Erie Cabinet Restyling, consisting of up to 30 restyled cabinet doors and drawers, or a combination of cabinets and countertops with sink and faucet replacement; (iv) Erie's Elite Walk-In Safety Tub, completely furnished and installed; (v) Erie Roofing System, consisting of up to 2200 square feet of our architectural laminated roofing system and accessories; or (v) Erie's Total Energy Solution Package, consisting of a combination of eco-friendly R-30 blown-in insulation, ES15000 energy barrier, solar attic fan, balanced eave ventilation and up to 2000 square feet (or a maximum of twelve (12)) energy saving accessories.
- Promotion entrants must (a) be 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and (b) must own their own home, which is (i) located in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, or Wisconsin and (ii) is in a suitable condition (as determined by Erie Construction or its designees) for installation of a prize (e.g., plumbing and electric in compliance with local building codes and regulations, no water, mold, structural damage). Any waterproofing, remediation, or other repairs necessary for proper installation (as deemed by Erie Construction or its designees) must be performed at Grand Prize winner's expense prior to installation/performance of services. Employees, officers, and directors of Erie Construction, its affiliates, subsidiaries, co-branded partners, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and their immediate families (and those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
- You may enter the promotion by (a) visiting www.erieconstruction.com and submitting an online entry, (b) completing the entry form and returning it to the drop box where you obtained it, or by mailing it back to Erie Construction at 4271 Monroe Street, Toledo, Ohio 43606, or (c) printing your name, your complete mailing address, your telephone number, and your e-mail address on a 3" x 5" card, write in the words "Erie Construction $50,000 Home Makeover" at the top, and mailing the card to Erie Construction at 4271 Monroe Street, Toledo, Ohio 43606. Mailed entries must be postmarked at least two business days prior to the drawing date. No more than one entry per household is allowed. Erie Construction is not responsible for any illegible, incomplete, misplaced, damaged, or late entries. The address listed on each entry form must be an eligible address as provided for in Section 4 of these Official Rules and must be the address where any product will be installed or where any services are rendered. Entries that are lost, late, illegible, or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. Erie Construction reserves the right to modify or terminate this promotion at any time or disqualify any entry in good faith. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the winning home is titled.
- The Grand Prize is not transferable by prize winner. No substitution in prizes or cash will be allowed except by Erie Construction, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole or absolute discretion. Any costs in excess of the maximum retail value of the Prize (as stated herein) shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the prize winner. All expenses not specifically provided for are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Installation must be provided by Erie Construction personnel or Erie Construction's designee. Prizes are subject to availability and may be subject to blackout dates. Installation is subject to the terms and conditions of Erie Construction's standard installation guidelines. Acceptance of a prize may require entering into a standard contract or purchase order for the goods and services to be provided, as required by state law. Upon installation of the prize, Erie Construction will be deemed to have awarded the prize with the prize winner assuming full ownership and responsibility for the prize. Each prize winner must arrange for installation/performance of services no later than one (1) month following the award of the prize and installation/performance of services must occur and be completed with in six (6) months of confirmed notification.
- By accepting a prize, the prize winner agrees to participate in a photograph opportunity with Erie Construction to memorialize the awarding of the prize. The prize winner agrees and understands that Erie Construction may use the prize winner's name and address (city, state only), photograph, likeness and/or statements made by the prize winner for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without limitation and without further compensation, except where prohibited. The prize winner understands and agrees to allow the use of his or her home for one (1) showcase open house, if desired by Erie Construction, to be scheduled by an Erie Construction representative at a mutually convenient time.
- The prize winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification correspondence, and complete an affidavit of eligibility and public relations and liability release, and return such within the timeline specified by Erie Construction, as well as have met all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these Official Rules; otherwise, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Liability for any applicable taxes, including all federal, state, and local taxes and/or other fees that may apply to prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service.
- By participating in the promotion, participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Erie Construction, its affiliates, co-branded partners, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, consultants, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from any damages that may arise out of participation in the promotion in any way or out of the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of a prize. By entering into this promotion, participants agree that any and all disputes, claims, or controversies (hereafter referred to as a "Claim") arising under or relating to this promotion, including the validity or enforceability of this arbitration provision, shall be subject to binding arbitration to be determined by one arbitrator, in accordance with and pursuant to the then prevailing Consumer Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), to be held and arbitrated in the judicial district in which the participant lives at the time of entering the promotion. A participant agrees that he or she will not assert a Claim on behalf of, or as a member of, any group or class. The findings of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties. Each party shall be responsible for its own fees and costs. This agreement to arbitrate, and any award or verdict, will be specifically enforceable under the prevailing law of any court having jurisdiction. Notice of the demand for arbitration will be filed by the party asserting the Claim with AAA. The demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after the Claim in question has arisen, and in no event shall any such demand be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such Claim would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations. Any arbitration proceeding and any award or verdict shall remain confidential between the parties and shall not be made public.
- For a winners' list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope within thirty (30) days following a prize period to Erie Construction Mid-West, Inc., 4271 Monroe Street, Toledo, Ohio 43606, including a request for the winners' names. To stop the mailing of future sweepstakes-related materials from Erie Construction, please send a written request to Erie Construction Mid-West, Inc., 4271 Monroe Street, Toledo, Ohio 43606.